To submit an event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Event Submission" in the subject.
November 1 - 5
- The Rep's Young Artists' Production "That 80s Show" is at 7 p.m.Wildwood Park for the Arts.
- Career Expo from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Verizon Arena.Â It's free.
- It's First Thursday in Hillcrest starting at 5:30 p.m.
- The AIDS Walk Wine & Cheese Kick Off takes place from 7-10 p.m. at the Rogers House, 400 West 18th Street.Â Tickets are $20.
- Dancing Into Dreamland Dance Contest Gala is from 6-9 p.m. at the Arkansas Governor's Mansion, 1800 Center Street.Â Tickets are $100.
November 5, 2011
- The Arkansas AIDS Walk starts at 10:30 a.m. in the River Market Pavilions.Â Entry fee is $25 ($15 for students).
- Belk is having a "Charity Sale" from 6:30 to 10 a.m. in the Pleasant Ridge Shopping Center.Â Tickets are $5 and give you $5 off a purchase, plus many items will be discounted.Â Other special prizes will be given.
- The Jingle Bell Jubilee is from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chenal Valley Montessori School.Â Holiday shopping to benefit the school.Â Admission is $3.
- The 2011 Cornbread Festival is from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Bernice Garden, the corner of Daisy Gatson Bates and South Main Street. More info.
- Rocktown Youth Poetry Slam Team Qualifier at 7 p.m. at the Arkansas Arts Center. It's $10 to compete and $5 to watch. Only ages 13-19 compete. More info.
November 9 - 12
- Holiday House is at the Statehouse Convention Center.Â This is a fun, holiday shopping event to benefit the junior league. More info.
- Arkansas Unionists and the Pea from 12-1 p.m. at the Old State House Museum. This is a brown bag lunch event.
- 2nd Friday Art Night is from 5-8 p.m. in the River Market District.
- Minnijean Brown Trickey (one of the Little Rock Nine) speaks at the Clinton School at 12 p.m. Free, call 501-683-5239 for reservations.
- Free admission to the William J. Clinton Presidential Library all day.
- Holidays in Hillcrest starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Life on the Home Front is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Old State House Museum. They are recreating life during the Civil War.
- "Beethoven & Blue Jeans" presented by the Arkansas Symphony on the 12-13 at Robinson Center Music Hall.
- "Much Ado about Nothing" is at 7 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Old State House Museum.
- The Big Dam Bridge Moon Walk is from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Big Dam Bridge.
- Little Beginnings Toddler Program teaches Farms from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Old State House Museum. It's free, for ages 2-4. For more information, visit www.oldstatehouse.com or
- Around the World Thursday features Finland at 7 p.m. at Forty Two. It's $27.95 per person.
- The River Market on Ice starts up again.
- Arkansas Arts Center Museum School Sale is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. This is a great time to buy all sorts of art, like drawings, photographs, paintings, sculpture, pottery, woodwork, prints, jewelry and glass objects. Free admission.
- 2Winter Wonderland Arts and Gifts Show starts at 8 a.m. on November 25-26 in Hot Springs at the Convention Center. They have over 200 arts and crafts vendors.
- Breakfast with Penguins starts at 8 a.m. at the Little Rock Zoo.
- Storybook Holidays at The Peabody is at 11 a.m. See the ducks march with Santa.
- "A Night at the Rep" & Silent Auction from 5-9 p.m. at the Arkansas Repertory Theatre.