Most cities around Arkansas have fireworks displays on the fourth and most state parks have something going on, including Petit Jean, Degray, Pinnacle and Mount Nebo. Hot Springs has a nice fireworks display too. There are many options to choose from all over the state. I am going to focus on the metro area, which is Little Rock and the few cities in its immediate vicinity.
Remember, fireworks are illegal within city limits, so go out and watch the professionals put on their displays.
- Free Day at the Clinton Library : July 4 the Presidential Center is celebrating Independence Day with free admission.
- Pops on the River : Bring chairs or blankets to Riverfront Park. The gates open at 5:30 p.m. There is music from 5:30 and fireworks start at 9:30 p.m. The Arkansas symphony plays patriotic music to go along with the display. There are also other activities and a marketplace. It is a free event on July 4th. More info
- Pinnacle Mountain Celebration: From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. join park interpreters for fun games and activities like water balloon volleyball, tug-of-war, relay races and more. It's free on July 4th.
- Maumelle Celebration: Maumelle has a parade, carnival rides, a concert and a fireworks display at Lake Willastein. Fireworks start after the band, the band starts at 8 p.m. Parade starts at 4:30 p.m.
- Sherwood's 4th of July Family Celebration : In Sherwood Forest (1111 W. Maryland Ave) from 6-9:00 p.m. Free food, entertainment and activities.
- Bryantfest: Bryantfest is back this July 3-4. They have fireworks, a splash pad, ziplines, food, carnival rides and more. Lots of fun free stuff, but parking is $10. More info.
- Thunderfest 2014: In Cherokee Village, AR there will be food and craft vendors, water slides, live bands, beer tent, talent show and fireworks. More info.