Remember, fireworks are illegal within city limits, so go out and watch the professionals put on their displays.
- Free Day at the Clinton Library : July 4 the Presidential Center is celebrating Independence Day with free admission.
- Pops on the River : Bring chairs or blankets to Riverfront Park. The gates open at 5:30 p.m. There is music from 6:30 and fireworks start at 9:30 p.m. The Arkansas symphony plays patriotic music to go along with the display. There are also other activities and a marketplace. It is a free event on July 4th. More info
- Rockets From the Roof at the Peabody : Sit on the Peabody's Rivertop deck and watch the fireworks over the river. Tickets are $45 for adults and $25 for kids and include a great view of the fireworks and a buffet style dinner. The dinner begins at 7 p.m. and lasts until the fireworks are completed between 9:30 and 10 p.m. They will also have activities for kids. Call the Peabody for more info: 501-399-8062.
- Pinnacle Mountain Celebration: From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. join park interpreters for fun games and activities like water balloon volleyball, tug-of-war, relay races and more. It's free on July 4th.
- Frontier Fourth of July at Historic Arkansas Museum: From 2 to 4 p.m., the Historic Arkansas Museum presents a day of 19th century patriotism.
- Maumelle Celebration: Maumelle has a parade, carnival rides, a concert and a fireworks display at Lake Willastein. Fireworks start after the band, the band starts at 8 p.m. Parade starts at 4:30 p.m. More info.
- Sherwood's 4th of July Family Celebration : In Sherwood Forest from 6-9:00 p.m. Free food, entertainment and activities.
- Benton Freedom Festival (formerly Bryant Family Fest) : Sorry Bryant, this festival has been moved to Benton. This is a large celebration lasting from July 3-4. There are bands, crafts and other fun things for kids, food and fireworks on July 4. Located at the old Benton Municipal Airport and Saline County Fairgrounds. Admission is free.
- Bryantfest: Bryantfest is back this July 3-4. They have fireworks, a splash pad, ziplines, food, carnival rides and more. Lots of fun free stuff, but parking is $10. More info.