1. 2014 State Park Offerings
The closest state park offering something fun is Pinnacle Mountain State Park. Pinnacle Mountain has day camps throughout the week for children aged 7-10. Contact them for more information. 501-868-5806.
Just a visit to a state park would be fun for any kid!
3. Local Museum OfferingsMuseum of Discovery is being visited by Sid the Science Kid on Thursday, March 27 and Friday, March 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be multiple science activities on the floor for visitors as well. Museum admission applies.
The Arkansas Arts Center is offering a camp for 6-9. For more info call 501-372-4000.
4. Public Library OfferingsMany of the libraries have things going on throughout the week. Check out their complete schedule.
The new Children's Library is a great place to spend a day if you haven't been there. It's located on 4800 W. 10 St, and opened Monday - Thursday from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., and Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Most library activities are free.
Master Naturalists are leading a day camp at Wildwood this year, teaching ages 7-11 about native Arkansas plants, animals and ecology. The camp is $180 for the full week or $45 a day and takes place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. They also have a kid's cook camp, but it's not the entire week. More info.
7. The Jump Zone, Altitude Trampolien Park and the Wonder PlaceThe Jump Zone (9250 Commerce Cove in North Little Rock, 501-932-0970) inflatable indoor playground, has extended hours during spring break.
Altitude Trampoline Park is fairly new. They don't have anything special for spring break, but are open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays.
The Wonder Place (10301 N Rodney Parham Rd in Little Rock, 501-225-4050) indoor playground is having special crafts, storytime, and scavenger hunts all week long.
8. Heifer Village & Ranch or Clinton LibraryHeifer Village is having fun activities all week for spring break. The village teaches kids about global hunger and what Heifer International does in a fun, hands-on way. Spring break week, they'll have activities and crafts. Activities will take place throughout the day from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Heifer is free!
Heifer has a ranch in Perryville Arkansas that is lots of fun for younger kids. Tours of the ranch are available on weekdays and Saturdays.
The Clinton Library has many interesting exhibits about the Clinton's and the White House. They have special programming during spring break, including some members of the symphony and an "instrumental petting zoo." Clinton library admission applies.