Use Coca-Cola to spice up an ordinary cake recipe! This is a Southern favorite.
Time Required: 60 min
- Preheat oven to 350. Sift 2 cups of flour together with 2 cups of sugar.
- Stir in 1 and a half cups of marshmallows and set aside.
- Bring 1/2 cup shortening, 1/2 cup margarine, 3 tablespoons of cocoa and 1 cup of Coca-Cola to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over dry ingredients.
- Stir in a 1/2 cup of buttermilk, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 2 beaten eggs. Do not beat the batter! Only hand stir it.
- Pour batter into a greased 13x9x2-inch pan and bake in a preheated oven oven for 45 minutes or until done. Cool 30 minutes before frosting cake.
- To make frosting, bring a 1/2 cup of margarine, 3 tablespoons cocoa and 6 tablespoons of Coca-Cola to a boil. Boil for a minute.
- Remove mixture from heat and gradually add 1 lb of powdered sugar. Stir in 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- This cake is great served with whipped topping or ice cream!
- The cake works with coke that has gone flat too.
What You Need
- 2 c. Flour
- 3 tb Cocoa
- 2 c. Sugar
- 1 c Coca-Cola
- 1 1/2 c Marshmallows