Filing state taxes is no big deal! Let your computer help you do it on-line.
Time Required: 2 hours
- If you are going to get your tax forms online, download and install Adobe acrobat. For links to all the sites mentioned in this How To, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Determine which form you need. Form AR1000S (short form) is used if you are full-time resident, claiming the child credit, single and only had normal income. Other Arkansas residents need form AR1000. Non-resident need AR1000NR.
- Determine your filing status. You marital status on the last day of the year determines you status for the entire year.
- Download the proper tax forms and instructions and fill out the forms according to the instructions. Alternatively, you can request that forms be mailed to you on the state tax website.
- Mail your tax to the proper address as stated in the instructions. Note that there are separate addresses for voter registration, tax payments and those expecting a refund.
- Relax because tax time is over!
- Check the Arkansas state tax FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for more information about filing status, misc income and more.