The Bottom Line
- Great atmosphere
- You get dinner and a show
- Great waitstaff
- The buffet isn't very exciting
- It gets a bit crowded
- You have to eat before the show (so come a little early)
- For as little as $22 (almost the price of a show at some theaters) you can have dinner and a show!
- Murry's is surprisingly elegant on the inside. It's sure to impress a date! Dress is upscale casual.
- Murray's has a wide variety of foods but it's buffet. Don't expect a fancy, at the table dinner.
- Even picker eaters can find something to eat but don't expect gourmet!
- The shows are normally comedies (well known Broadway plays and lesser known plays).
- The staging is simple and the actors are local but it all works very well.
- I've yet to see a bad show at Murry's. I'd put some of their shows against some shows at The Rep.
Guide Review - Murry's Dinner Playhouse
Murry's is a little hidden behind K-Mart on Asher (it's actually toward the back and off to the side a little) and is very nice on the inside. I'd say elegant if it weren't a buffet. You get white table clothes, romantic lighting and waitstaff in suits. Dress is upscale casual.
A bad thing about Murry's is that it's always very crowded. It's a small place so the tables are crammed close together. It's hard to maneuver around once the place gets packed and every time I've been, the place gets packed. You should call about a month ahead for reservations just to be sure you get in.
The food is so-so. They have the normal buffet fair: salads, beef, a pasta dish, green vegetables, mashed potatoes and cakes and puddings. Don't get me wrong, the food is well prepared and there's plenty of it, it's just not exciting.
The theater is very good. They always pick light shows that will keep you entertained and make you laugh. Some people criticize dinner theater but I think Murry's is top notch! The shows normally last about 3 hours.
You should get to Murry's before the show starts to eat. They start serving dinner an hour before the show and stop serving food at the curtain.
If you're having a birthday, let them know. They announce birthdays and give you a special cake!