These aren't just any chocolate chip cookies, these are Hillary Clinton's own recipe. According to the lore surrounding these cookies, Hillary used to make them for congressman and other politicos when she was Arkansas' first lady. I hear Bill liked them too. Follow this recipe and you can eat like the president.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush baking sheets lightly with vegetable oil or spray with a cooking spray.
- Combine 1 & 1/2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of baking soda on waxed paper.
- Beat together 1 cup of shortening, 1 cup of packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup of white sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add 2 eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 2 cups of rolled oats and then 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or till golden brown.
- Cool cookies on sheets for 2 minutes. Place cookies on wire racks to cool completely.
- These are best served warm with a glass of milk.
- This recipe makes 7 dozen cookies. You can half the ingredients if you need to.