The end of the world is right around the corner, according to some. What would I do if it were my last day in Little Rock? Here are a few ideas.
- One thing I would do is head to Lobolly Creamery (1423 Main St in the Green Corner Store). They're offering $3 pints all day. Who cares about calories when it's the end of the world?
- After ice cream, I'd probably have lunch at Damgoode Pies. It may not be the finest restaurant in the city, but it's one of my favorites. I could eat an entire spicy five cheese pizza and not feel guilty.
- I would have to go commiserate with my animal friends at the Little Rock Zoo. Their world is ending too. Plus, winter is a great time to visit the zoo. The animals are often active, crowds are low and it's not blistering hot to walk around.
- I would hike Petit Jean one last time. Hiking Petit Jean is one of my favorite things in Arkansas. It's not our most flashy park, but it's the state park that brings the most memories for me.
- At the end of the day, head to Flying Saucer. It's the best place to drink in Little Rock. Might as well be working your way up to your UFO membership (you get it for sampling 200 different beers).