Some holiday lights are going up this weekend and it's not even Thanksgiving yet! It is the last weekend before Thanksgiving and your last chance to get your shopping list together for the big event (and black Friday).
Santa is in the malls now, so watch out!
- North Little Rock Friends of Animals Chili Supper - Located at Park Hill Christian Church on John F Kennedy Blvd. It's from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.and menu items include chili (beans, no beans, vegetarian), coleslaw, nachos, crackers, punch, coffee and homemade desserts. Tickets are $8.00 for adults and $5.00 for children ages 9-12. Call 501-758-5482 for details.
- Argenta ArtWalk - This walk is held the 3rd Friday of each month from 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. inside & out of the galleries and businesses along Main Street North Little Rock.
- Junior League of NLR's Holiday Tour of Homes in the Calico Creek Neighborhood - This is Friday through Sunday. The Progressive Dinner will be held on the 16th. Tickets for Saturday and Sunday are $10, and Progressive Dinner tickets are $35.
- Conway Regional Women's Council's Dazzle Days at Conway Expo Center and Fairgrounds - Dazzle Days is Conway's big holiday sale with lots of crafts, decorations, etc for sale. Find gifts and decor at the Conway Expo Center & Fairgrounds 2505 E. Oak St. This event is all weekend.
- "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)" - I read about this, and loved the concept. Three actors perform every work Shakespeare ever wrote. It's Nov. 17, 7:30 p.m. and Sun., Nov. 18, 2:30 p.m. The website it was on just expired, but I read about it on the Conway Record. It's the 16-17 at 7:30 p.m.
- Deer Widows Shopping Event at McCain Mall - McCain Mall celebrates deer widows with special sampling and sales all day long.
- Tribal Trails at Museum of Discovery - Enjoy the social sciences by seeing the Pahsetopah family introduce the Native American culture. They will return to present their interactive, cultural programs for both school and general audiences.
- Civil War Living History Day: Prelude to Prairie Grove: Fall 1862 in Little Rock - From 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. the Old State House will examine the political and military buildup to the Prairie Grove Campaign at this living history event. Costumed interpreters and reenactors will explore the everyday life of civilians and soldiers.
- Garvan Gardens Holiday Lights - The lights kick on with a celebration on Saturday night, but are open throughout the holiday season. Garvan Gardens is located at 550 Arkridge Road in Hot Springs.
- Annual Holiday Craft & Gift Sale at Jacksonville Community Center - Another big holiday shopping event, located at 5 Municipal Drive, Jacksonville, AR.
- Free Admission Day at Clinton Presidential Center - Today is the eight anniversary celebrate at the Clinton Presidential Center and you get in for free.