1. Local
Amanda Galiano

Salvation Army Angel Tree Goes Online

By November 20, 2009

*Note: This is an old post, there is updated information in a post here: Salvation Army Angel Tree FAQs.

The Salvation Army angel tree is one of my favorite ways to give every year at Christmastime. The Salvation Army asks screened families to fill out a "wish list" and you can fulfill it for a child in need.  The kids request clothes, coats and normally a toy of some kind.  Last year, for example, the younger kids I played Santa for asked for bikes.   The older one asked for an mp3 player.

You can choose what angel you want and see their wishlist right up front.  The gifts are then brought to the Salvation Army (or the mall) and delivered to the family in time for Christmas.

This year, they've added a new way you can pick out your angel.  In addition to Park Plaza Mall, McCain Malls and select Wal-mart stores, they've added a list of angels online.  You can go to the angel tree site and pick your angel out from the comfort of your home.  The wishlists are visible, the age groups are broken down and, as far as I can tell, it's a similar experience to picking them out in the mall.

The gifts do not have to be purchased online.  They can be brought to a pickup location or even shipped back to the Salvation Army.  However, JCPenny has a site designed to help you pick out clothes and gifts for your angel and they will ship directly to the Salvation Army for you.

Have fun with the angel tree!

Comments

November 20, 2009 at 6:24 pm
(1) Jennifer says:

I’ve been picking out an angel since 1991. I want to pick out someone on paper not online. How do I go about doing that? For the past 4-5 years it has been very hard to find out when the Salvation Army will be at my neighborhood mall. They really shouldn’t make it this hard to participate. This is my favorite tradition of the season!

November 20, 2009 at 10:14 pm
(2) littlerock says:

They are already at the malls so you should be able to go down and pick one out.

November 23, 2009 at 5:11 pm
(3) derfla retton says:

They are at Park Plaza I delivered gifts for child we picked out today

November 4, 2011 at 9:01 pm
(4) Phallyn Brown says:

I am a single mother looking for some help this year for christmas. For the past three yrs they have been very dissapointed due to the fact that I haven’t been able to afford the things they want for christmas. And this yr is worse we are facing an eviction and my son has had pnumonia twice in one month so I am currently back up in my bills my son also has asthma in which this time of yr its bad I have to be out of work with no pay. So I’m asking anyone to pls help my childrens have a christmas where they won’t be upset because of my situation. My son will be two in April and my daughter will be 10 in april as well. Thank u in advance. I can be emailed at phallyn420@gmail.com

November 8, 2011 at 6:34 pm
(5) nellie r says:

how can i sign up for angel tree. Im a very sick single mother of 3 boys ages 5,7,and 15 please i need help

November 22, 2011 at 10:27 pm
(6) audretra says:

I have five children, donate to the red bins. And I can never receive assistant. I will not donate again.

November 29, 2011 at 4:43 pm
(7) Q says:

i am a single mother of 2 and i hope there is a way that i can still sign up of please contact me

December 1, 2011 at 8:57 pm
(8) Carlee says:

Nellie r—–did u get help?

December 7, 2011 at 9:10 am
(9) tracy says:

Is it too late to sign up for help? My husband left me in September with my three beautiful daughters and a huge stack of bills that needed paid. I am a nurse-lpn but it is taking everything I have to catch up. I don’t want my kids to have a bad Christmas on top of their parents getting divorced. My daughters are 12, 10, & 8 and they are my world. If anyone knows how I can get some help please message me. Thank u.

December 12, 2011 at 10:45 pm
(10) Angela Moore says:

Hello, my name is Angela Moore and I would love for someone to contact me regarding three children who’s father was murdered a few weeks ago. I would really like to help this family to make sure these kids still have a nice Christmas in spite of losing their father.

I love this family and if I had a wish for Christmas, I would wish that these kids are able to have a blessed Christmas. Please e-mail me or call me and I’ll be more than happy to give pertinent information.

Thanks,

Angela Moore
(501) 940-0646, cellular

October 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm
(11) mitzi molgado says:

PLEASE HELP ME I AM SINGLE MOTHER OF 3boys , my kids and i been thru lot this yr, to start October 23 2012 i was beaten left for dead by my supposed be husband in icu 2days, found out he did samething but worse to another women now she my angel helping me and my family watching over us because she know my husband did that and she wants me to help bring her family peace of her murder, i promise i am not crazy this girl Could been me , my kids deserve to have xmas and to be happy and see mommy happy again. Please anyone someone if u read this god bless u. My home was broke into now my children have no tv cloths shoes very little police detective try find who did this please not for me but for my children Christmas call me 5013981986 i can tell u more bout everything

November 19, 2012 at 5:28 pm
(12) Alexis H says:

Single pregnant mom of two a 3 & 4. In need of help this christmas. Lost my car and home. Please email me at. alexis.spivy@yahoo.com

December 10, 2012 at 7:45 pm
(13) WAYNE says:

The select an angel site online is not working. The J.C. Penny Angel Tree site is not accessible. I do not think that I can provide for an entire family, but would lke to help atleast one child. Is there a deadline to adopt an Angel? I would like to do something to help a child right here in Little Rock, AR!

December 11, 2012 at 11:04 am
(14) cienca bryant says:

how do i apply to but my 22 month old on the angel tree?

November 17, 2013 at 7:48 am
(15) LR says:

Single mother of two lost job of 5 yrs last summer currently unemployed looking for help this holiday season. Lshnree3@gmail.com